Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Spiritual Pole of the world, 400 miles of inner Himalayan region (Part 2).


Note To Readers: The enclosed passage refers to Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya’s journey into the Himalayas for penance for the first time in 1958. It describes his first meeting with the divine sages in Rishi Lok .  Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya was called to visit the Himalayas by his  Guru on four separate occasions

Prior to reading this article, it would be good to read Spiritual Pole of the World -Part 1, for complete understanding of the context of the below mentioned passages. 

The enclosed quoted text is adapted and condensed from pages 54-56 of the book- My Life its Legacy and Message, an autobiographical book authored by Vedmurti Shriram Sharma Acharya.





Quoted Text:

“Gurudev suddenly appeared that night in the cave. It was a full night of Purnima (i.e.full moon night). I did not enquire about the purpose of his visit at this time because I understood that Gurudev had been showering his grace on me for some specific purposes. I followed him outside the cave… 

I came out of the cave trembling with bitter cold and started moving behind Gurudev like his tail in mid air over the golden Himalayas. The purpose of that day’s pilgrimage was to introduce me to the tapasthali (place of worship) of ancient Rishis. They had all cast off their physical bodies but most of them had retained their astral bodies. Causal bodies of some of them could also be glimpsed through their astral bodies. I suddenly found myself in a posture of folded hands with my head bowed down in deferential salutation. I was being introduced today to Rishis living in their astral and causal bodies in the Himalayas. That night was extremely important and fortunate for me. 

Earlier I had seen only those caves of Uttrakhand during my journeys which were easily approachable. I realized today that there was far more unseen compared to what I had seen so far. Small caves were being used by wild animals, but bigger ones were orderly, neat and clean and were meant for Rishis who were living in their astral bodies. They still lived there occasionally on account of their past association. All those Rishis were in dhyaan mudra (meditative posture). Gurudev told me that they often lived in that state. They did not interrupt their meditation without some valid reason. Their astral bodies along with their names were introduced to me. This spiritual treasure is the specialty and uniqueness of this region. 

They all knew about my visit with Gurudev beforehand. So whenever both of us appeared before them, they opened their eyes with a gentle smile on their lips and nodded their head slightly in response to our salutations. There was no conversation with any of them. If any person living in the astral body has to say or convey anything he does it not by baikhari or madhyama speech but by para or pasyanti speech, that is by awakening the intuitive faculty of the listener. That day’s aim was only to see them and not converse with them. A new student who had come to join their class was to be introduced so that he could be provided with the necessary help if needed. Probably the Rishis had already been informed that I (their embodied spiritual child) could carry forward the divine tasks initiated by them and what my specific role would be and the strategy of action towards the end. 

An astral body can arouse inner inspiration and transmit energy waves. But a person in physical body alone can give direct and concrete guidance to embodied human beings to precipitate events. Divine beings, therefore, make some physically living person as the instrument for fulfilling their purpose. Till then, I was acting as an instrument of only one guide but now these divine souls of the Himalayas could also utilize me as their medium and provide me inspiration, efficacy and competence. With this view Gurudev was introducing me to them, and all of them without wasting any time and observing any formality were indicating their acceptance of this offer. Thus this divine pilgrimage continued in the night; and before dawn Gurudev returned to his abode leaving me in my cave. 

I saw Rishi-lok for the first time that day. I had seen holy places; ponds, rivers, earlier in the course of this pilgrimage but till then I did not know which Rishi was associated with which particular location. This I saw that day for the first time and the last time. Before sending me back Gurudev cautioned me, “Do not try to establish contact on your own with these Rishis and interfere in their work. If they have any direction to give, they will themselves do so. Your understanding with me has also been the same. You will not knock at my door. Whenever necessary, I would myself approach you, achieve my purpose and arrange for all resources. Do not regard this vision which you have seen here as a mere satisfaction of curiosity. All these great divine souls will get their purpose accomplished through you because they cannot do it themselves for want of physical bodies. It has been the tradition to establish mass contact through the medium of some fit instrument like you. Henceforth, you should regard the instructions of all these Rishis as my own instructions and do whatever you are directed to do.” What could I say accept nod my acceptance. Gurudev disappeared”. 

                                            ******